Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: why quads?  (Read 4613 times)

Gunnermark

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: why quads?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 12:05:20 pm »
Would imagine that due to the mild Autumn and there being plenty of grass late into the year meant that the ewe released more eggs? Heard of a lot of triplets this year!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 02:12:51 pm »
ooooohhhhh dear when mine where with the tup it was really cold and I gave them ad lib hay, via hay bale and ring feeder, plus a bit of cake; I have a horrible feeling that mine might just give a lot more triplets. It could also show that your ewes may be very fertile, not sure. In an average lambing for me its mostly singles, a few twins and 1 or 2 triplets. It could be to do with how warm the weather has been in certain parts of the UK this winter, grass growth and the like. I am really sorry that this has happened to you :hug: I hope the rest of lambing goes well for you
???!!!??? I thought you could tell just by looking at your ewes what they are due to have?
Ahhhh yes but only when they're really close to lambing, my ewes have got another 2 months to go yet, I can only tell when they're a couple of weeks away.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 02:44:33 pm »
ooooohhhhh dear when mine where with the tup it was really cold and I gave them ad lib hay, via hay bale and ring feeder, plus a bit of cake; I have a horrible feeling that mine might just give a lot more triplets. It could also show that your ewes may be very fertile, not sure. In an average lambing for me its mostly singles, a few twins and 1 or 2 triplets. It could be to do with how warm the weather has been in certain parts of the UK this winter, grass growth and the like. I am really sorry that this has happened to you :hug: I hope the rest of lambing goes well for you
???!!!??? I thought you could tell just by looking at your ewes what they are due to have?
Ahhhh yes but only when they're really close to lambing, my ewes have got another 2 months to go yet, I can only tell when they're a couple of weeks away.

Ok no probs, can we make a wee bit of a competition out of this,  in 6 weeks I'll remind you and you have to paint how many are due on the ewes back  then once they are born we can all see how close you were. 

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 03:37:16 pm »
I'd love to verdifish but my brother is lambing this year for me, so I won't have much to do with them at all, as I have calf rearing from the end of this month onwards until june/july, 24 hrs a day, so many sleepless nights ahead :tired: I mananged to fit in this flock as they got in lamb a little early, as they were mean't to go as culls and I never got around to send them and the ram was running with them. Rather a bummer really, they have to go end of this month, maybe another year?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:40:15 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS