Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Clydesdale's Tail Cut  (Read 4837 times)

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
Clydesdale's Tail Cut
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:45:10 am »

:-[ Poor horse thank goodness they didn't cut the bone, at least it will grow back again though will take some time
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8646401.stm

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Clydesdale's Tail Cut
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:51 am »
There are too many sick people out there.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:04:49 am »
How horrible   :( :(
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:10:43 am »
What  sort of person gets a thrill out of doing somthing like that!!??!!

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 09:24:48 am »
why, oh why do people do these terrible things!  has it always been like this and we are only noticing because we have animals do you think??

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:14 am »
Been going on in Aberdeenshire over the past couple of years, May into June seem to be the time it goes on >:(

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:32:14 pm »
It does happen every year or so, and I agree it always seems to be this time of year.

Lord alone knows why people would do it. I always worry about leaving my poor billy goat out overnight when I read about occasions like this.

Beth

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:32 pm »
Could be something to do with fishing season. Fly fishermen were forever asking for my horses black tail.

beany

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:28 am »
Do you show it? could be jealousy. There was a spate of it in south wales 2 horses were stabbed and the general opinion was it had something to do with showing.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:11 am »
No he was just an old thoroughbred. I dont think people would stab horses out of jealousy but I do know there is a lot of bitching in the show world.A friend of mine wont even show in Shetland cause she cant stand it all. She takes hers down south and wins everything!I once found my horses head collar, which he wore all the time, cut patterns into. The blacksmith came that day and could not replicate the cuts or patterns with his knives! They must have used a stanley or something and then put it back on the horse! defintely think horses tails go for fly tying though. They do sell it in shops as well.

beany

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:13 am »
My husband fly fishies and he never uses horse hair and he ties his own flies and I have a black horse. He does however search the house looking for whiskers that have fallen off the cat as there is a fly called " A cat's whisker" and he says they are much better than fake ones. and you all thought horse rider were stange.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 04:38:09 pm »
We tie our own and have never used it , but it is the other fishermen we knew that kept asking for it. I suppose it depends on what water and area that you use.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 08:49:09 pm »
I heard today that a horse in Bridge of Allan had it's tail cut off and another had its mane set on fire.

This is being attributed to some pagan festival but I looked it up on the web and tonight / tomorrow is the festival of Beltane, the coming of Spring. Doesn't mention anything about horsehair though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS