Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wool picker  (Read 9005 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Wool picker
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 12:26:00 am »
Thanks, Sally. I've just messaged about it. Not too far away to collect either. You may have just saved me from putting up with my tiny oven.  ;D I'll let you know the outcome.  :excited:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:38 am »
[member=23109]Mad Goatwoman of Madeley[/member] - have a read of this on Ravelry
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 11:52:22 pm »
It got me a bit worried when someone else was looking. The seller is holding onto it for me and says I am first in line. Amazingly, she's Plumseverywhere's next door neighbour. I recognised the address.

I know that people have said that they are not as well made, particularly the tines, but I can try it. If I don't like it, I'm sure it will sell again, by which time I will have my cooker and have saved a bit more money for a Classic one.  :innocent:

Thanks again for pointing it out to me, Sally.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 07:20:28 am »
Brilliant!  Let us know how you get on  :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 01:36:06 am »
Got it!!  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I haven't tried it yet as I only had an hour between getting back and having to go out again. I'm going to give a try in the morning.

I also came home with a bag of Leicester Longwool to practice on.  :excited: :excited:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 09:54:03 am »
Sorry didn't see you yesterday - was at opticians for 2 hours in the end  ::)   Isn't my neighbour just lovely?
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42:20 am »
Yes, she is lovely. I could have spent hours there talking spinning and weaving but needed to get home. Two hours is a long time to be at the opticians.

I tried the wool picker out today. The first thing I learned was that it is far to heavy for me to carry - my back is just not up to it. It was quite hard work to move the cradle, unlike the one I tried at our group. It might be because I tried it on the Leicester Longwool and the other fleece I used was a shorter stapled one. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm sure it's just a case of trial and error.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS