Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wild garlic  (Read 2817 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
wild garlic
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:27 am »
I would love to have this growing around our place as the smell is wonderful and the plant itself can be used, anyone know where I could buy some plants  :)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: wild garlic
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:49 am »
Ask the owner of land where it grows if you could have a few bulbs , it is very invasive so I dont see why they cant spare a few. You must ask permission though as it is illegal just to digs plants up.

clumbaboy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Gretna
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 02:47:32 pm »
Hi if you want wild garlic PM your address and i'll get some in the post to you, I have loads of it throughout the wood. Will be early next week before i can post it, manic at work at the moment

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:49 pm »
I am having some sent up but they say I must wait till the leaves die down before they can dig them up to post as then the goodness is back in the bulb and the plant is dormant ready for a good plant next spring. If you are digging up a clump complete with soil and just moving them it would be different.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »
can we have a photo of some wild garlic? Just so I know that I am not going to poison us!

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:50:07 pm »
anyone wants some i will gladly pop some in post for you i have acres of the stuff
limit to how much wild garlic soup one can eat.... ;) :chook:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS