Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pics of more of my goats  (Read 6736 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Pics of more of my goats
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:31:59 pm »
Don't think you have seen pics of the five Franks - the 4 toggie and 1 British Alpine boy. 

Here they are playing billy goat gruff on the bridge .....they all went round for another turn, and one of the Franks fell in the ditch.  Not surprised, they were jumping off their feet as they ran.  Thats little Dolly in the front, enjoying the fun!!

Settled down now ......grass to be eaten!!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:33:43 pm by Roxy »

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Pics of more of my goats
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »
They look wonderful Roxy  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:43:22 pm »
Maybe I'm just getting extra broody since I've only 7 weeks to go, but it just makes me go 'awwwwww I want goats'  ;D ;D ;D They're very handsome Roxy and I'm so glad you've got a bridge for them to trip trap across - just no ogres hiding under it I hope ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »
Contractors have been in for the electric people, and been going back and forth over the bridge with vehicles, so it needs tidying up.  They do remind me of billy goat gruff, especially billy the white one with his big horns, and long beard.  They certainly were having fun, and they saw a cat come out of the caravan where they all live, and that set them off again, running and snorting!!

These are the goats who lived at a petting farm as kids, so they are very people friendly .....too friendly.  But at least they are easy to catch!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:15:13 pm »
They are looking great Roxy.  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:51:57 pm »
they are beautiful!! lovely mix of colours too.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:48 pm »
Your goats live in a caravan?! How wonderful and so funny! At least no planning permission required! I should think of that one if (WHEN?!) my goathouse needs expanding!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:12 pm »
they're lovely!
and lucky to have found such a good home.... Trip-trap, trip-trap!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »
No, Anke .....its the farm cats that reside in the caravan!!!  Although, I have thought of taking all the fittings out and making it suitable for the goats.  I know of a few goats who live in a caravan.  Its got wheels, so is mobile, no planning eh??

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:18 pm »
They do look well Roxy. They are all pretty young too, they will soon finish casting out their coats and be lovely and shiny!

Beth

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:32:18 am »
tony has an old VW camper that doesn't work anymore - I did suggest we used that for the goats, didnt' talk to me for a while after  ;D  he uses it now as a winemaking area so its not totally useless  :love:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:54 am »
I am all for recycling and putting stuff to good use .....we have a VW Beetle car that Rick has been restoring.  Wonder if he will let me have that to put my chickens in ....could do with some extra storage space.......I think not.

The Toggie boys, and the Big Alpine are 2-3 years old.  They really are placid chaps after their petting farm start.  Only thing is, you are like the pied piper if you go in the field .....you look round and right behind you are the five boys, the white billy and little Dolly.  There is a public footpath just below their big field shelter. I am trying to get it all fenced off, otherwise they will be following hikers over the big stile and off to goodness knows where.

We are lucky that there are so many hedgerows down here - yesterday they were tucking in to the hawthorn and wild rose, and the brambles which are just coming into leaf......all three the most prickly things they could eat, but they did not bat an eyelid and tucked in with gusto.
They are tall, which gives them a lanky appearance, but you cannot feel any ribs, so I reckon they are the right weight going into summer.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 10:17:08 am »
Picture of my wee Bandit - chilled out this morning in the sun - not a bad life!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 10:18:30 am »
I love the colour. Beautiful.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 05:49:40 pm »
tony has an old VW camper that doesn't work anymore - I did suggest we used that for the goats, didnt' talk to me for a while after  ;D  he uses it now as a winemaking area so its not totally useless  :love:
  Hey, ask Sandy, it's worth a lot of money!  Even if it doesn't go now!  They are a cult fashion
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS