Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Willow available - free for P & P only  (Read 6169 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Willow available - free for P & P only
« on: March 05, 2016, 10:51:41 am »
My son has just cut back my willow trees so the cuttings are available to anyone who wants them.

PM me your address and say how many 10/12 inch sticks you want, just pay postage when I've sent them.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Willow available - free for P & P only
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:15:51 am »
Hi Doganjo, do you know what sort they are?  Coloured bark? fast growing? Goat willow? I have some, would like to add something different :-)

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:05 am »
I'd take some if you have spare after everyone else gets some Annie. Big Red had an argument with the willow tree and won  :innocent:
Planning a willow archway, so probably need 20 or so. Thanks xx

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:07:55 pm »
How many are left doganjo? I was wanting to get hold of some to hedge my garden. Probably would need about 20 or so. I would have to talk to my mum first though as I have fencing to do first.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 05:09:34 pm »
I would rehome any spares next time we meet, don't need posted..
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
Ok, I'll check this afternoon to see how many I have - don't have a clue what type - ask Happy Hippy, got them from her originally. :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 01:02:23 pm »
How many are left doganjo? I was wanting to get hold of some to hedge my garden. Probably would need about 20 or so. I would have to talk to my mum first though as I have fencing to do first.
It will take you about 15 mins to stick them in the ground!  They don't need any ground preparation.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 01:04:23 pm »
I'll be going to the post office tomorrow so send me your addresses by PM if you want any - except Ellie as I'll probably see you soon.

diddiebiddie

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:52 pm »
Hi, I'm a new member but would be very grateful of some willow cuttings - we have just moved and now have about a acre of flooded field so thought we could perhaps plant a willow hedge to take up some of the water.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 11:20:13 am »
PM or email your address and I'll get them off to you when I can get more cut.  Just sent two lots off.

diddiebiddie

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 02:33:45 pm »
Have sent you a pm - I hope!

Whitehills

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 07:20:20 pm »
Hello,

I'd absolutely love some if you still had any going spare. I shall endeavour to PM you!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 12:34:40 am »
Have sent you a pm - I hope!
Yes, got your address, diddie - will cut some this weekend and post Monday rather than tomorrow

Also already posted to Happy Hippy and Scarlet Dragon.

Anyone who gets willow from me could you please send a donation (minimum £3) to cancer research please instead of sending me p & p.  I just lost a good friend to Myloma this morning.  Thank you.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 02:31:16 pm »
If the Post office is open this afternoon I'm aiming to post some to Sue and Lisa, and one of the girls in the post office was curious as to what all these parcels were so she is having some too.   :innocent:

No more available for a few months now till my trees grow a bit.

Same applies if anyone wants any, donation to cancer research or Lavender Touch

Whitehills

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:06 am »
That's mine arrived safely. Thank you so much. Donation has been made. Now just keeping my fingers crossed that it likes our soil!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS