Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: echinacea  (Read 1856 times)

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
echinacea
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:21:57 am »
I have just received six echinacea corms (?) free with my order. What do I do with them please ???

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: echinacea
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:24 pm »
Grow them as hardy perennials, but start them off frost free in pots.  They grow into a 60cm tall plant with feathery foliage and large pink daisy-like flowers - very effective in the flower garden.  Each year the clump grows bigger and the display improves.
Echinacea is also a medicinal plant although I've not used it for that.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 12:24:46 pm »
Give them to me  :excited: the slugs zapped mine last year. It's just started to poke through again now and the slugs have got it already :-(
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 01:20:46 pm »
There are many types of echinacea, is this one echinacea purpurea? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea_purpurea Apparently the bees love this plant for the pollen, so any honey bee feeding off this could produce honey with very important vitamins and minerals in it. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:35:29 am »
Thanks for that folks. Yes WBF they are purpurea so that's even better. I will get them h into a propogater today. A treat for my bees :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS