Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ducklings  (Read 2723 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Ducklings
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:12:12 am »
Nice surpise on Funday Friday, when i finally left the office for a weekend of beer and BBQ i went down the farm with Jess and to our surprise was a very happy duck with 7 very happy ducklings! another nice addition to the ever growing number of animals  :pig: :wave:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Ducklings
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:11:42 pm »
ducks are brilliant! we hatched 8 a couple of weeks ago and i can spend all day going between them and the lambs.  may never do housework again........

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:13:41 pm »
Trouble is they dont stay that fluffy little yellow ball long
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:37:01 pm »
what with Apple sauce needed for the pigs and now Orange sauce for the duck, think I may need to plant an orchard  :o

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:39:38 pm »
Hello WP No don't bother the price of oranges V the price of heating the orangery U WOT?I did buy 2 apple trees in Instore for £4.99p each a Bramley and a Discovery.I am going to attempt to fan train them along the old wash house wall,under the supervision of the Head Gardener at Brockelsby.So I shall blame him if they don't grow like I want them to ??? ::) ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 03:52:23 pm »
Cherry sauce is nice with duck!  :P

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 05:18:01 pm »
I love this forum and am certainly a guilty part of it- what is a nice story regarding fluffy little duckilings has now descended into how we can eat them!! i have just convinced Jess that pigs= sausages and she is happy, not sure i can do the same with 4 day old ducklings........  :o :pig:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 05:43:19 pm »
W.P. I have posted this before but you may have missed it.It happened when we down at the farm One of my pals brought his 5/6 year old little girl with him one day we had a project to alter the antennas's on 2 mtrs So Ba went to play with the piggies she came back absolutely covered in muck.Kath washed most of it off in the kitchen sink She couldn't stop Ba going on about Perky So time came to go home and tears were shed at having to go home and she went on the promise she could come another day to play.This she did several times.Anyway the time arrived to kill them and Dewey came and did this for us.We processed the pig and made the sausage etc: I took Alan and Sue a nice joint and a few sausages and a fry.Later Alan came and brought Ba Them sausages were the best we have ever had weren't they Dad Yes darling the were very good indeed Where did you get them from Well we killed the pig and that was a bit of it.You haven't killed Perky No you couldn't have.Well yes Ba thats what we keep them for.What to make sausages Why couldn't you go to ASDA and buy some like my Mam does I hate you.So there you go W.P. Cannot argue with that ::) :( :D :farmer:

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:59 pm »
OOPS!! popular dad then! thankfully i have already told Jess that they will be sausages soon and pork chops so when we see them now that is the first thing she says! mind you may be different when it comes to eating them!

sandy

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »
The way I see it is, you can enjoy your animal/bird/fish etc, twice, once to cuddle to watch and fuss and the other to eat and entertain others with, also, all beings have to die, surly a chosen end is better than the normal Russian roulette of when and how beings die? Don't worry, children understand better than us, plus if you add, once we have eaten this old bird we get another fluffy cute one ;) :&> :pig: :cat: :chook: :cow: :dog: :goat: :horse: :sheep: :llama:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS