Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: At last the moult is over  (Read 2627 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
At last the moult is over
« on: February 15, 2016, 08:56:55 pm »
Our girls eggs dried up at the end of November and we have had to resort to S*%e!+a^ket eggs :-[, well this morning did the usual feed count and cuss and lo and behold over half of them have started to lay again  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: bless 'em. And the oven ready look is going out of fashion as well
I have missed a decent egg in the morning.

This is the best bit of news I've had in months , now  I have to decide, boil,poach,scramble of fry ?
Silly how something so simple can give you a boost .
Now what to do with the supermarket ones.....

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: At last the moult is over
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:54:07 am »
They're probably responding to the increase in daylight hours - presumably over a year old or they'd likely lay through their first Winter.

mentalmilly

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:42:32 pm »
mine have started to lay as well didn't have to resort to buying but it was close. lucky I have a mixed bag of ages so some laid over the winter. you could feed the supermarket eggs to your chucks the will love them.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »
mine have started to lay as well didn't have to resort to buying but it was close. lucky I have a mixed bag of ages so some laid over the winter. you could feed the supermarket eggs to your chucks the will love them.

I think I'll pass on that , the dogs are getting scrambled egg, Me of course am enjoying my organic freerange eggs from my happy chucks   :thumbsup:

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 09:10:48 am »
Mine are just starting to moult and I am hoping that the new pol chickens will give forth so that I don't have to resort to the su..... sorry can't say the word :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS