Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice wanted re mobile home on agricultural land for working purposes  (Read 2230 times)

Krystian

• Joined Feb 2016
hello!

we have recently acquired an old farm house and garden with an agricultural field at the other side of the garden with milking barns and old chicken sheds at the side of the field.

we plan on doing the house up and converting the barn into a dwelling for my partner and I. both the barn and the house need a lot of work and im aware we will need planning to convert the barn.

my question is do we need planning to put a touring caravan at the bottom of the field next to the barn?  its agricultural land but we need somewhere to stay when working on the house and the barn as neither are fit for sleeping in overnight.

thank you very much! any advise is welcomed!

krystian

UPoneacre

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Llanidloes, Powys
Re: Advice wanted re mobile home on agricultural land for working purposes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:02:52 pm »
Under 'Permitted Development' you will be allowed to put a caravan on site as temporary accommodation for yourselves while you do the work, but the local planning dept will usually impose a condition on any planning consent requiring you to remove the caravan from site as soon as the dwelling becomes occupiable.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS