Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Forky Tailz  (Read 2541 times)

Lors

• Joined Apr 2010
Forky Tailz
« on: April 25, 2010, 08:59:42 am »
Hi guys

My name is Lors, I am 36 and currently live just outside Livingston in West Lothian. I am trying to be as self sufficient as possible, growing all my own edibles, trying a few new things this year fingers crossed everything thrives, if so I am gonna be one happy bunny :yum:

Does anyone else on here live close by would love to meet up with some likeminded peeps.

Brightest blessings

Lors x

:wave:

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Forky Tailz
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:19:56 am »
Hello and welcome from Devon  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:27:28 am »
Hi Lors, you're not far away from a few of us. In fact, I'm going there this afternoon to visit my nephew! I'm in Clackmannan only three quuarters of an hour from you.  Perhaps you'd like to join Central Scotland Smallholders Association?  We have a few interesting meetings coming up over the summer and will be attending a couple of summer shows - when we get a summer that is.  Tell us a bit more about yourself - do you have any animals?  I have ducks and chickens, dogs and a cat and am trying mostly fruit this year,but will have a few vegetables too.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 09:41:59 am »
Hello from me in South Lanarkshire  :wave:
We're having a meet up on the 18th May up in the guardbridge hotel - I know it's not terribly local but you're welcome to come along. Have a look in the coffee lounge section for all the details of where it is. You're welcome to come and visit me and my chickens and pigs any time you want  ;D
Look forward to hearing more from you.
Karen x

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:09:06 am »

Hi and welcome from me in the Borders, I am rubbish at growing vegetables but have resolved to try harder this year.
I have sheep, hens, ducks, horses and pigs.( well this years pigs have not actually arrived yet). Due to start lambing this week, the girls are looking very fat.
Anne

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 11:23:00 am »
Hi and welcome from rainy Alloa - not so far from you either! CSSA is great - can recommend it www.smallholders.info

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 02:55:15 pm »
Hi and welcome Lors.

We are located on the back roads between Falkirk and Livi. Nearest village is Avonbridge. We have a herd of dairy goats, on a little smallholding. I have a veggie patch, but just lack the time to grow a lot. Managed a few tatties and carrots last year. Would be good to meet up.

Beth

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 06:11:37 pm »
Hello and welcome

I'm in my first proper year of attempting semi-self sufficiency - have found so much help and support here  :)

not in scotland myself (worcestershire)

Lisa
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 06:22:47 pm »
hello and welcome from the middle of England
Little Blue

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 08:49:08 pm »
Hello Lors,

I live not far down the road from you - near Newmains, South of Shotts.

I also travel past Livingston every time I go to my work in Edinburgh.

We have a smallholding with a few sheep & chickens - I'd like to grow more vegetables, but so far am not very good at it.

PM me if you'd like to visit,

Regards,

John

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 12:34:07 am »
Hi and welcome from Australia.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 06:51:18 am »
and welcome from Brittany 

sandy

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:33 pm »
Hi and welcome Lors, lot's of us here from Clackmannanshire!!

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 07:45:35 am »
Hi we have just got our place at Bonkle so not far away either - just at investigation and planning stage

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS