Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Business Idea?  (Read 4063 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Business Idea?
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:39:46 pm »
Just found this competition that Barclays Bank are running.  If you've got a good business idea there is £50,000 to be won.

www.takeonesmallstep.co.uk

If  you enter let us know so that we can vote for you.   :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

sandy

Re: Business Idea?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 04:40:08 pm »
THe type of business that WOULD do well in Clackmannan would  never get the award ::)

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 06:27:06 pm »
Much the same round my way Sandy   :D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:20:09 pm »
THe type of business that WOULD do well in Clackmannan would  never get the award ::)
  It's not THAT bad! You're just in the wrong street ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:56:51 pm »
OK if you sell drugs, Contaband, sex or protection  (sorry Dan)suits us anyway!!!

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 10:06:39 pm »
i've just started a fruit and veg box business - i could pretend i've not started yet, the £50k would come in handy!

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 11:22:42 pm »
Sorry this is a personal dig although it happend many years ago now.  ::)

Went to my bank manager (Barclays&y) asked for a loan on my existing business account at the time to take on a very lucrative contract. Bank manager insisted on seeing the information and projections etc. Two weeks later loan refused and someone else got the contract. Found out later that the contract was given to a new business start up, owned by the my bank managers nephew; probarbly just a coincidence Ayh  >:(.

I don't much like banks  :D

Sorry bit off the subject, just reminded me  :-\  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »
That sounds very suspicious to me, but I bet you did nothing about it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 01:56:04 am »
I did confront the manager, without an appointment ::) I wrote a letter to head office; nothing came of it as a there was no proff, they did appologise and asked if I would stay with them: I changed banks and took accounts and insurances with me of course: Within a few weeks the manager dissapeared from the branch ??? wether that was a transfer or a repremand I have no idea.

I moved banks on the simple base of miss trust. I guess what I'm trying to say is careful who you share your great business ideas with, it can turn and bite you in the bottom ;) To show Im not all mister negative   ;D A friend who started up and made a successful business, did a similar thing and had a few thousand and a great deal of promotion from the whole affair, hes been going a good twenty years now, so as ever two sides to every coin.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS