Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: weird adverts  (Read 3032 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
weird adverts
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:38:49 pm »
I was looking on farming ads at what sheep people where selling and at what prices etc, etc (so I can keep up to date with how much people charge) and I came across this weird advert on there. Its about a trainee taxidermist wanting to buy deceased or stillborn lambs for a fiver, I was shocked at seeing an advert which says that; I mean its not every day you see that is it?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: weird adverts
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:52:54 pm »
I hope you told him to get stuffed!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:31:50 pm »
 :roflanim:

You make me laugh Womble!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:36:12 am »
Womble makes everybody laugh!

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 07:43:54 am »
Many years ago a friend asked me to keep any unusual dead things in my freezer for her and her daughter to do taxidermy on.  I had a deer fawn, mole and a jay at various times.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 09:40:03 am »
I have a neighbour who has asked for dead lambs etc.  Not sure what you put in your movement book for that, or whether AH need to approve the taxidermist etc?

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »
I remember going home on the school bus with a dead rabbit in a carrier bag for my friend's sister to practice dissection for her Zoology A Level.   Everyone else on the bus kept well away.  If I was a taxidermist I'd be concerned about zoonoses and I suspect DEFRA would be concerned about disposal too.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 10:42:03 pm »
I managed to source some dead moles for a friend last year. When I asked her why she wanted them she just tittered and looked embarrassed, so I decided not to pry. It's still got me wondering though. She only wanted two or three, so surely that's not enough to stitch a pair of trousers?  ???
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

PK

• Joined Mar 2015
  • West Suffolk
    • Notes from a Suffolk Smallholding
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 10:51:43 pm »
I have a young niece who does some taxidermy. I was chatting to her one day whilst she was searching for her phone in her handbag. In the process she took the odd item out to help in her search: purse, dead rat, make up...

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 08:40:49 am »
I managed to source some dead moles for a friend last year. When I asked her why she wanted them she just tittered and looked embarrassed, so I decided not to pry. It's still got me wondering though. She only wanted two or three, so surely that's not enough to stitch a pair of trousers?  ???

Gloves?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS