Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rescue organisations  (Read 2722 times)

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
Rescue organisations
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:22 am »
Hi
I'd be grateful if people could list any dog rescues that they know in S/SW/Central/Scottish Borders that will not dismiss me out of hand for working full time-especially those that foster please. (My dog/s can come to work with me). I am not looking for any special needs rescues at this point so doing a lot of research :)

cans

• Joined May 2013
Re: Rescue organisations
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:16:25 am »
Morning,
Might be a bit far . . .    Secondchance kennels in Fife      A small rescue kennel with a huge list of dogs waiting for new homes.   They were a great help when I had to rehome my dads dog recently.
Any rehome organisation will have the dogs welfare as first and foremost so the dog/s being able to be with you should be in your favour

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 11:26:22 am »
Retired Greyhound Trust

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 11:37:57 am »
thanks Buttermilk-not looking for a sighthound.

Blondie

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 10:37:20 am »
I was just about to suggest the RGT, but seen your no sighthound comment.

A lot of the big organisation will not even consider you unfortunately - ridiculous but there you go.

Perhaps you should try the local pound where any strays go or other "high kill" shelters as I imagine they will be less picky.

PipSqueak

• Joined Apr 2014
  • South West Carmarthenshire
    • Black Orchard
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:13:24 am »
I don't know the area, but speak to the small, local, independant rescues. They are much more likely to listen to individual circumstances and not have unbendable blanket rules.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 12:40:43 pm »
How far are you from Northumberland?  NESSR (Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue) would likely consider you.  They're based in Morpeth, but they have foster homes from Gloucestershire to Stirling.  Our last three dogs have come from them and they've been brilliant (the rescue and the dogs!)

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 07:14:59 pm »
thanks everyone, I have registered my forms with a few smaller ones and we'll see how we go. Have to admit, feeling rather deflated about it all and have depressed myself looking at Gumtree etc.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 09:39:00 am »
Almost all breeds have a rescue site. If you can't find the breed you are looking for, go to the breed site.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 10:28:51 am »
devonlady-I wasn't  looking for a specific breed, just no sight hounds or staffies or bull breeds.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS