Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RSPB report on illegal killing of protected birds of prey in Scotland.  (Read 2399 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
I make no apologies whatsoever for posting this.  The illegal killing of birds of prey is disgusting and widespread.  I live in S.Lanarkshire where it's rife.  We now have wildlife police, but even when they do, rarely, get a prosecution after endless hard work, the fines imposed by the courts are pathetic.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/illegal-killing_tcm9-411686.pdf?Scotland%20Jan%20enews
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
Re: RSPB report on illegal killing of protected birds of prey in Scotland.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:43:19 pm »
Continuing slightly off topic, the following might be helpful.

"To fire a bullet or shot onto land that you have no right to shoot into or over is ‘constructive trespass’. Whilst this is a civil matter BASC strongly advises not to do this."

"Please note that in the case of air weapons it is a criminal offence to fire an air pellet outside the boundary of your permitted premises."

"If you shoot from a path situated on somebody else’s land (regardless of who owns the rights to shoot on the land you are shooting into) it is taken to be armed trespass which is a criminal offence."

"?It is an offence to enter any building, part of a building or land (including land covered by water) with a firearm without reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on the person). [Section 20 Firearms Act 1968]"

Taken from https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/download.../download.php?id=49

A photo or video from your phone and a word with the local firearms officer if they persist?

Magnus

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:22:48 am »
Or shoot them! No, I didn't say that!!!!

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:14:36 am »
If you are concerned by any firearms related goings on around you, contact your local Firearms Enquiry Officer. They take a very dim view of anyone using firearms irresponsibly. Firearms licenses are valid for 5 years and at renewal they'll be looking at any complaints made when reviewing the renewal.

At the very least I'd expect the FEO to visit the holder and have some discussions with them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS