Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Nearly there!  (Read 2460 times)

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
Nearly there!
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »
I've had a letter from my solicitor today confirming that missives are now concluded and the executrix has signed the transfer paperwork for the crofts and sent it to the Landlord and the Crofting Commission. 

Fingers crossed they don't have too much of a paperwork backlog from Christmas, as I'm itching to get going sorting them out!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Nearly there!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 02:45:14 pm »
Good news, I'm making plans and it's not my venture!! Good luck, Caroline.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:43:39 pm »
I may have been a bit premature  :)  Turned out they needed some extra information for the forms, so they didn't go off to the CC until 21st and my solicitor is on holiday for the whole of February.  I rang the Commission today to try and get an estimate of what the backlog is and it's about three months  :( so it looks like my roofer will not be getting started in March after all.  The very helpful lady I spoke to did kindly say she'd try and speed things up for me when I explained why I'd rung, so fingers crossed - apparently as long as the maps are up to scratch it should go smoothly and once it's gone from the CC to the ROS it only takes a week, so she's found the paperwork and said she'd make sure it got to the map checking people ASAP.  Hopefully since it's been prepared by solicitors it should be fine. 

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 07:13:55 am »
Very helpful lady is going to get a box of chocolates and a thank-you card if I can find out her name, because I was doing my weekly 'just-in-case' check of the Crofting Register last night and found that the crofts are now on it and I am listed as the tenant as of last Monday!

Going to ring my solicitor as soon as they open to see when I can pick up the keys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS