Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice needed, please......what next  (Read 6290 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Advice needed, please......what next
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 10:44:05 am »
Harmony.

I couldnt get a number for pigs until I had got them on my holding but its worth checking with those that make theses decisions.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 11:08:48 am »
When I had to sort mine out I went into the local office and they were really helpful (ours was more tricky because the land had been subdivided but the first owner of the subdivision hadn't wanted a CPH). The staff were great and organised the CPH and told me exactly what to do for the numbers for the pigs and goats.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 12:06:56 pm »
Harmony.

I couldnt get a number for pigs until I had got them on my holding but its worth checking with those that make theses decisions.

And I think that was the norm but Bionic says she got hers.

The important thing is to have a cph or you can't receive any stock. You can receive stock without a herd or flock number.

Wen3

• Joined Aug 2015
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 09:31:31 pm »
I will keep you updated with the saga ha ha she did ask how soon I would be getting pigs and I told her I thought about a months time, she didn't seem to think that would be a problem. At the time I wasn't sure when we would get any pigs, but I have now ( I hope) sourced some piglets, which would be ready to come over around March, so I hope to have it all sorted by then. Thanks for you help and replies.

Wen3

• Joined Aug 2015
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 12:10:21 pm »
Just had a phone call and have been given a NEW CPH number.....but I now have one, off to call and get the rest now, happy days

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS