Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Air discount scheme  (Read 2185 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Air discount scheme
« on: January 01, 2016, 01:28:30 am »
thought I would post this here as it will most likely affect those living in crofting areas!

If you click your red button on BBC and go to Scotland area news you'll see an announcement for a 50% discount for those of us living in remote areas such as Caithness, NW Sutherland, Shetland, Western Isles etc
have posted a link below for you to look through, but it seems like a simple sign up scheme to qualify  :excited:

I'm sure like many others I have sat here late at night looking at all those lovely cheap holiday deals only to find that the cost of the flight from up North to Glasgow, London wherever has ended up costing more than the holiday itself, but this scheme could make such a difference, even if you don't plan a week in the sun but visiting family who may live further South!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-35207472
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Re: Air discount scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 08:41:02 am »
Flybe do already have an air discount scheme which includes Orkney but it was only 20%. I have been holding off booking flights for easter until today so I could benefit from the rise to 50%, without the discount its about £700 for me and my kids to fly to london.

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
Re: Air discount scheme
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:50:17 am »
It's still incredibly expensive using it in Caithness, even with the discount.  As far as I could work out when I last tried to use mine, they calculate the discount on the full fare, so it would actually have been cheaper to book normally and get the discount for booking in advance.  Wick's still an hour away for me, and I can only fly to Aberdeen or Edinburgh from there, so it's easier for me to drive 2.5 hours to Inverness and fly straight to London or Bristol.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS