Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our first footer  (Read 1450 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Our first footer
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:34:24 pm »
The wonderful tradition of first footing can bite back.  Mr F took our Mr and Mrs First Footer to see the wonderfully pagan Hogmanay bonfire which is lit slap bang in the middle of Biggar Main St, stopping all traffic on the main trunk road of the A702 for several hours.  This year it was made perfect as it snowed beautifully.  There is a pipe band to open proceedings - they start in the Burn Braes and walk into town from there, followed by the spectators. People also 'exercise' their dogs in the Burn Braes........

They all trooped back to the car for the trip back to the house after the Bells.  I spotted that Mr First Footer had, as well as snow, something brown on his shoes.  He scraped it off all over my indoor doormat til Mrs FF sent him outside to scrape it all over the grass too.  It was only this morning, when Mr F went to fetch the morning paper, that he smelt the smell and realised that Mr FF had tried to scrape the stuff off his shoes in the footwell of my LOVELY NEW CAR  :rant: :rant: :rant:  It was smeared everywhere, sticky and clinging....you know the picture.

So instead of our First Footer bringing coal to ensure we have a warm year, black bun to make sure we don't go hungry, and whisky to make sure we can spend the year sozzled, we now know what kind of year we're in for in 2016 - a SHITTY one.     
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:39:57 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Our first footer
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:03:06 am »
Ah no Fleecy,

this is a good sign I think, as try as he may your FF couldn't fail to bring it with him. There's a good omen in there I'm sure of it. After all we brandish coal, bread and holly over the threshold down which does not result in celiacs, leaf blight and the house burning down. Look for the good stuff, perhaps a little doggy is on the cards for you this year, the faithful sort that sticks like..... :(  well you know what I mean ;)

Happy 2016 :wave:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Our first footer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 11:03:02 am »
Ah no Fleecy,

this is a good sign I think, as try as he may your FF couldn't fail to bring it with him. There's a good omen in there I'm sure of it. After all we brandish coal, bread and holly over the threshold down which does not result in celiacs, leaf blight and the house burning down. Look for the good stuff, perhaps a little doggy is on the cards for you this year, the faithful sort that sticks like..... :(  well you know what I mean ;)

Happy 2016 :wave:

Thank you Buffy  :)  In fact I always assume everything is going to be shitty, so when it's not I get a nice surprise  :thinking:  Of course it could come as a big pile of lovely well rotted, strawy horse manure to make my veggies grow  :garden:

We already have our wee doggies - one always walks to heel, wherever I go, the other doesn't wander off pursuing her own dreams nearly so often now she's getting old  :thumbsup:

Maybe though the fact that we spent the early part of 2016 scrubbing doggydoo from every surface, means this year we'll have everything on the smallholding and in the house constantly spic and span.....yeah, right  :roflanim:  ....but maybe?

"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS