Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 6735 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 09:43:53 am »
Ripper street, that's the one. He's much better in GoT. We always spend many happy hours trying to identify actors we've seen as other characters when we watch anything on TV  ::)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 11:27:36 am »
Guys, you have all sorted out my new year reading - a second read through the novels, then possibly watching the box set ( we have borrowed it from daughters boyfriend, he has a serious DVD addiction!). I am concerned we will never find out what happens in the end, the last installment(s) seem slow in being finished and published.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 12:32:36 pm »
Take myadvice - don't read the books before watching the series. I spent ages thinking "now what happens next". I enjoyed series five best because I hadn't read the book. Although it might be OK if you have JUST read them or if you have a better memory than me  :)

Series 6 is out in April I think and there will be a series seven, I believe.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 01:55:11 pm »
love the books and the show-to the point where I have the blu ray box sets :D

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 01:59:05 pm »
Take myadvice - don't read the books before watching the series. I spent ages thinking "now what happens next". I enjoyed series five best because I hadn't read the book. Although it might be OK if you have JUST read them or if you have a better memory than me  :)

I disagree (there's a surprise  :D ) - read the books before watching any of the TV series, your imagination will produce an even much richer environment and more rounded characters than you'll see on screen. IMHO.  ;)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »
I have read the books once, and feel I need to refresh my memory about the huge numbers of characters etc before embarking on watching the TV series. I think they are books that will benefit from a second read, there is just so much that happens.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 04:13:28 pm »

I disagree (there's a surprise  :D ) - read the books before watching any of the TV series, your imagination will produce an even much richer environment and more rounded characters than you'll see on screen. IMHO.  ;)

Oh Dan, now I'm swithering - do I? don't I?    I have found that by reading book one, whenever the plot line in the film is a bit different from the book, then I'm thinking "no, that's not what happened".  On the other hand it's easier to take in the story as a whole if you've already read it.   ??? ??? ???  :tired:

But what about the direwolves for favourite characters?   Having kept a succession of Irish Wolfhounds and their crosses I'm very much into giant dogs.   I loved Nymeria and am hoping she comes trotting back into the picture just in time to save the day.........
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS