Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: heptavac p  (Read 2124 times)

Advertisement

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
heptavac p
« on: December 26, 2015, 05:47:48 pm »
Just heptavac'd my girls today. Later this afternoon noticed one of them  seemed a bit offish. As she was lying down she was a bit twitchy -her sides were twitchin slightly. She did get up and walk round grazing but generally didn't seem her  normal self. She was eating OK.  Just wondered if it could be to do with the injection? Thanks
4 pet sheep

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: heptavac p
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »
It may well be todo with it - but I wouldn't worry it should pass (almost certainly)

Keep an eye on her - tis all you can do.

It could be she has had a reaction to either the vaccination , needle or shock?, swelling discomfort, nicked a muscle?

Sure she'll be right as rain.

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »
Thanks Bazzais!  I went down to check her (and the others)  tonight and she seemed fine. I think you're right, a slight reaction to the vaccination perhaps, but your bit of reassurance works wonders.
Thank you for replying.
4 pet sheep

Melmarsh

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 07:42:05 pm »
I had problems with hep p plus quite a few years ago when about 20 of my ewes were 'not right' after their injection. Quiet listless and sat looking generally unhappy, after 6hrs or so they were as normal as sheep can be and suffered no long term problems. My vet filled out a form from the back of their medication formulae as GPs can if we suffer adverse reactions. No problems lately from useing it though.  :thinking: :sheep:

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:33:59 pm »
Thanks Melmarsh - it's interesting to know that you've had similar problems. In fact I looked back to last years diary when I'd Heptavac'd them and I found that the same ewe was 'not right' for a couple of days last time she had the injection.
4 pet sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS