Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animal transport rules  (Read 7661 times)

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Animal transport rules
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 05:09:35 pm »
I took the test and have my NPTC sticker on the side of my towing vehicle and use a long Winter evening to fill in the basic details  on a pile of AML1's for the coming year.  I just can't be bothered with the hassle if I'm stopped..

Sticker? Why do I not have a sticker? I want a sticker!

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 05:22:20 pm »
I took the test and have my NPTC sticker on the side of my towing vehicle and use a long Winter evening to fill in the basic details  on a pile of AML1's for the coming year.  I just can't be bothered with the hassle if I'm stopped..

Sticker? Why do I not have a sticker? I want a sticker!

I didn't get a sticker either  >:(

PK

• Joined Mar 2015
  • West Suffolk
    • Notes from a Suffolk Smallholding
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 06:43:40 pm »
For those who have passed the test (sticker or no sticker), did you attend a recognised course or just read up yourself and take the test at a recognised assessment centre?

OldGaffer

• Joined May 2011
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 07:26:23 pm »
I would like a sticker too!

But to answer your question PK, I did a course which took most of the morning, held on a farm in Cambridgeshire. Then everyone on the course did the tests. The course was for transportation of Horses, Sheep & Goats, Pigs, Cattle and Poultry.
It was pretty comprehensive. Cannot remember the exact cost, but it was not too expensive and well worth the money in my opinion.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 08:17:51 pm »
I didn't do a course, but did the test through our local machinery ring, and they emailed out all the reading when I signed up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS