Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BEWARE! PLZ READ!  (Read 1907 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
BEWARE! PLZ READ!
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:17:46 pm »
Just something I saw on Facebook. I must ask everyone who lives in Ceredigion to beware of Irish knife sellers, this is in no way racist to Irish people, its just that there are people with irish number plates on a plain van or a van on the pretense of selling knives, whereas in fact they are seeing what dogs you have on the property, so they can come back later and steal them. If you have any such people who come to your door, send them away and notify the police immediately. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON!
THANKS
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: BEWARE! PLZ READ!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »
I would be vigilant of anyone coming to my property to sell anything regardless of their accent and make a point of taking down number plates. I often make sure they see me doing it.

I wouldn't in any way dismiss the knife sellers story but around here we get the same warning only usually they are selling fish!

I suspect "scouts" are much less obvious than knocking on your door with something sell and you don't know anything was amiss until you find your lock broken and your belongings have gone.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »
Yea I know I have had a few sellers come up here mostly English and south Wales accents and I've kept an eye on them and sent em packing.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 09:30:52 pm »
Let them see you taking a photo of their van/number plate. That usually does the job

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS