Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SCHBS Update  (Read 3011 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
SCHBS Update
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:52:40 pm »
Just for information and perhaps consideration by members. I contacted the HB on three issues.

I wrote to the HB asking to see the minutes of the Council meetings AGM 2013 - to current; was told I could view them in the minute book in Shetland; queried this and was told that it would be discussed at a Council meeting.

I wrote to the HB and the President asking them to reconsider the decision not to take Grassroots software. Software for which the Council had bid for a grant to purchase previously.

I wrote with some questions of clarification of aspects of the Constitution.

On Saturday, I received a letter from the Society, as the Council refers to itself (by recorded delivery no less) saying
"All your correspondence was read and all points raised were discussed at the Committee Meeting and have been noted. The Society is currently investigating options for the Pedigree data, Breeding Advice and Website. The membership will be informed when there is a satisfactory outcome".

You may make of this what you will, but it is, to me entirely unsatisfactory and patronising.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: SCHBS Update
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:49:07 pm »
You need to stand to be on the committee, Rosemary  ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:28:14 pm »

I would find it difficult to make the meetings, Sally. :)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:52:28 pm »

I would find it difficult to make the meetings, Sally. :)

Shetland has livestock auctions over the internet now, I'm sure they can manage meeting participation - once suitably encouraged and motivated...  :innocent:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS