Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is it time to quit the rat race??????  (Read 6381 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Is it time to quit the rat race??????
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »
It really is amazing what properties like that fetch in your part of the world Graeme....and if it has equestrian bits then it really puts the price up!

A lovely part of the country....But I'm definitely a fan of the West Country now  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »
I love the west country too and thats what is frightening me (in a good way) that when i come down in July, the temptation will be too much and i will end up like the Cadburys cream egg advert with the mouse traps, just bouncing around everywhere!!  ;D ;D :wave: :farmer:

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 02:24:07 pm »
You will have a great time in July and will go home with great plans for the time ahead of you  :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 02:36:16 pm »
We did the same as doganjo - although we lived in Perthshire - we sold up and rented (3 dogs/3 cats/2 birds of prey - chickens to the mother-in-laws) then looked at everthing we could afford from Perth (not really anything) to Aberdeenshire and ended up here - it ticked more boxes than anywhere else. Good luck with your hunting - must admit I love looking at property so the hunt was good fun
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 02:38:00 pm »
I am really looking forward to the property viewing stage and will try my best to view with my head and not my heart!! must admit 10 minutes on PrimeLocation and i always have a smile.  :wave: :pig: :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS