Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Love Charity Shops?  (Read 6463 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Love Charity Shops?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 11:45:51 pm »
I love the old drawers too - good for the hens, an also my cats like them to sleep in.   

I have seens some really well to do people in charity shops.......with their designer bags to put their goodies in.  Well, they may bump into a neighbour on the way back to their house, and it will look better having been designer shopping at a posh shop.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 02:17:54 am »
old wardrobes make great raised beds too. :)

sandy

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 08:39:09 am »
Spooky, I suggested that to Anne yesterday when we went to the tip!!!

sandy

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:24 am »
ANd don't forget the Food for free!!! Did not collect too much last year but usualy do!!!

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 10:03:04 am »
I love charity shops its the first place i go when i have spare cash, also car boot sales!!!!  :love:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 11:01:07 am »
old wardrobes make great raised beds too. :)
Great suggestion - but how do I get an old wardrobe here!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 12:17:15 pm »
I have got a beautiful landscap picture for £4.56 coz that was all the change i had and i bartered down from £6.50 - is that wrong iin a charity shop?????? ???
Also my wife picked up some embroided silks about A4 in size and framed, which are lovely but best of all my mum gave me her collection of Silvac Facepots and they go for next to nothing in a charity shop compared to £30+ on flea-bay!
Love them and even little Jess always gets a couple of books she wants, everyone is a winner.

But then i do my bit by sticking clothes etc in the Sally Army/ Red Cross clothes bin, and so the wheel turns

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS