Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The mad world of goat-keeping  (Read 2525 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
The mad world of goat-keeping
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:58:20 pm »
Today I took Caldi to have a romantic interlude with Beeducked's Max. She seemed to like what she saw and he definitely did. Until, that is, Max's brother, Arthur, complained loudly about being left on his own. Caldi must have thought he sounded far sexier because she promptly ran from Max. Determined not to be thwarted, Max ran after her with Beeducked and me in hot pursuit. Caldi is one determined goat though and jumped in the pond to get away.

When she realised that Max wasn't that keen, she stop running and just stood there while we said things like, "But goats don't like water." Max was returned to the stable with Arthur and Caldi was happy to come out onto dry land. We put her in with the other girls to give her time to calm down while we went inside for a cuppa.

Half hour later we introduced her to Arthur and it was lust at first sight. The deed done, we were about to put her back in the trailer but Beeducked let Max out again. Just to show there were no hard feelings, Caldi calmly stood for him as well.

If she's not pregnant after all that, she and I are going to fall out.

It was an entertaining afternoon.  :innocent:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: The mad world of goat-keeping
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:45:19 am »
 :fc:

sounds like she certainly gave them the run around, playing hard to get, the tart  :love:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

student

• Joined Nov 2015
  • uk
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 04:45:55 am »
Thought  animals going to another farm or holding had to stay there for six days or 21 days if pigs

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:17:14 am »
 They can be so funny,
Student -If you have an seperation agreement with isolation facilities you can return them home, not 100% sure what rules in England, but in Scotland we have a 13 day standstill but we have option of filling in a form for  seperation agreenment with map of facilitys/isolation field /shed and inspection of it for approval so you can move animals off within 13 day standstill which is essential for things like shows moving females to males. We have one for mainly going to shows and  some years to a male. So in show season the show team is in isolation shed/field for the summer

student

• Joined Nov 2015
  • uk
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:08:48 am »
Talana I didn't follow that to well the mad goat woman is in Telford and as the goats were running around with others there was no isolation Im off to learn about isolation pens for mating

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:59:24 am »
Student it doesn't have to be a pen it can be a field.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS