Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Static Home  (Read 3774 times)

Paultol1974

• Joined Nov 2015
Static Home
« on: November 20, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »
Hi, we own 10 acres of land and whilst its not far away from my mums house it is far enough in that had things stolen.
If we wanted to put a static home on there would we need to apply for planning or is there a way round things ?
There are no services to it apart from water , so electric would have to be via a generator or leisure batteries.
Any help be much appreciated
Thank you

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
Re: Static Home
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 02:19:34 pm »
If its green belt you have a massive task ahead of you will need planning anyway.
Running a profitable agricultural holding that makes a profit and has a valid need for a person on site may justify a home.
But you have to prove everything and jump over the hurdles not many pass 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:24:45 pm by mart6 »

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:58:18 pm »
Yes you do need planning but it depends how nosy your neighbours are.
 My neighbour who lives at the bottom of my land has just got full planning in the middle of a field as he has been living there for four years openly, even had a post box. He started doing a business plan which had to be for three years to keep it. The planning officers then asked him how long he had been there and could he prove it? As he has been living there four years they have had to give him full planning with no ag tie.
  We have had a temporary port a cabin while we were building our house, we did not ask for permission and its still there after three years as I have not managed to sell it.
  I would think carefully where you are going to site it and how much it will cost and then weigh up the risk.

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:34:07 pm »
Yes you do need planning but it depends how nosy your neighbours are.
 My neighbour who lives at the bottom of my land has just got full planning in the middle of a field as he has been living there for four years openly, even had a post box. He started doing a business plan which had to be for three years to keep it. The planning officers then asked him how long he had been there and could he prove it? As he has been living there four years they have had to give him full planning with no ag tie.
  We have had a temporary port a cabin while we were building our house, we did not ask for permission and its still there after three years as I have not managed to sell it.
  I would think carefully where you are going to site it and how much it will cost and then weigh up the risk.

Its a mine field your friend was lucky it did not go to a enforcement notice and a appeal, must of had substantial proof

Take a look at this case, any building that you convert to live in ,and live in for 4 years with substantial proof has chance of  lawful certificate

Take a read here click on decision.pdf and read, every planning inspector has different opinion on what is enough proof

https://acp.planningportal.gov.uk/ViewCase.aspx?Caseid=2198868&CoID=0

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 12:03:10 am »
I couldn't get the link to load.
  When we bought our land, he was already living there, it was originally part of our farm. He had photos of google maps of the buildings, and used all the photos he had on FB. The hardest part was because he lives totally off grid, he has solar power, own bore hole etc, he had no bills as such for the site, most of the materials were scavenged off jobs he does. He had a really good case officer who helped him.

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:15:55 am »
Try this i uploaded it, you need a pdf reader
Council case officer helped him ?
Think i need to send our council officers over there ?
He had plenty of proof then.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:21:16 am by mart6 »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS