Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted Donkey and Pygmy Goat(s) in Scotland  (Read 3815 times)

mirkwood

• Joined Apr 2010
Wanted Donkey and Pygmy Goat(s) in Scotland
« on: April 16, 2010, 04:46:12 pm »
Hello!

I am looking for a Donkey, preferably a mini donk but would consider a small standard size of either sex. Am also looking for 1 or 2 Pygmy Goats, again either sex ok. I'm in Scotland between Fife and Perth but happy to travel within a reasonable distance. Good pet home assure with ponies and chickens!

Thanks in advance,

Mel

shiv22

• Joined Apr 2011
  • melvin
Re: Wanted Donkey and Pygmy Goat(s) in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »
Hi,
Did you find any pygmies yet?
I may be able to help. I am desperatly seeking one baby female, and when I find one, I will have a castrated male for sale.
He's 2 years old, very cute and a bit mishchievous! Horned, happy and healthy.
Maybe if you here of any you can let me know and we can arrange something?
Thanks

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:10:32 pm »
I just bought some recently from a reputable breeder north of Aberdeen - she met me in Perth to give me them - she may still have some.  She is a member of the PGSoc - don't want to post her details on here but I will give her an email and let her know.  don't know about donkeys though, sorry.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

shiv22

• Joined Apr 2011
  • melvin
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:19:38 pm »
Hi goosepimple,

thats me in luck actualy because im in the highlands of scotland her detail would be great if you could e-mail me please.

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »

There's a donkey sanctuary place just north of Inverness if it's any help. I'll try and make a note of the name next time I'm passing.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:07:08 pm »
There's a donkey sanctuary in st boswells in scottish borders but I know they don't let their donkeys go - they are there for life.  Smallholder magazine usually has an ad in it somewhere advertising mini donkey breeders.  good luck ;)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

justpauline

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:04:40 pm »
I HAVE 2 BILLY KIDS IN NEED OF A NICE PET HOME x Pygmy brothers. Very affectionate and fun.
1yr old. Sad to let them go but have no where to keep them and my pony is bullying them.
Give me a call if u r interested or can help me out - 07535211916 - Greenock, scotland :horse: :goat: x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS