Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Make the punishment fit the crime  (Read 4768 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Make the punishment fit the crime
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 01:10:07 pm »
Hello Sabrina.I cannot for the life of me remember the clever sods name he is an MP but he was on YTV boasting he could live on the unemployment benefit and do you know he did a WHOLE WEEK.He wants to try 12 months when his TV licence runs out and his shoes are worn out As the King of Siam said etc;etc; Tell you what for a sponsored challenge I'll attempt a week on £20.Its ridiculous I should think I might manage on a Tenner but there would be a serious restriction on the RED FLUID Annie love.Since I don't drink alcoholic beverages I don't think that matters much Only for the week though. ;D ;D ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:10:09 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 10:15:33 am »
To get it right on just what a lot of families do have to live on, it would have to be a year. Not only on food but rent or morgage, day to day bills and trying to bring up two kids. I doubt there would be many M.P. manage the job as they are living on another planet, well most of them. I would be kind and give them £15,000 a year which is more than some of my friends have to live on. Not only do they manage but have no credit cards or debt. If only the country was run by people like them we would be better off. I watched the film Brassed Off the other day, the main story is the brass band from a coal mine and how the pits were closed. I remember just what it was like to live through that. Now what has Britain got to be proud off, glad I am not a young person looking for work.

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 10:51:06 am »
Its only going to get worse, there is no punishment now, my youngest is 10, he is a nice polite, happy, well behaved child, I dont discipline my children harshly, I've never needed to, they know whats right/wrong and have respect for others, but oh my some of his friends at school, they way they speak to their parents is shocking! They are rude, spoilt brats, no hope for the future society really, and the parents just take it! like its normal ::)
If they leave school and dont work they should get nothing!  My Dad worked from the age of 14, when he got made redundant at the age of 50 he was given £45 pw unemployment benefit, the same as a school leaver that cannot be ar**d to work, so unfair and demoralising! Theres plenty of wasters around here that dont work, why should they? they get enough to bum around on and buy fags! makes me furious!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:54:08 am by dixie »

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 12:28:59 pm »
My SIL wonders why her son won't get a job he is 20.  When he was fifteen I asked her if he was going to get a part time job at a local supermarket, she said she would rather pay him $50 dollars a week to help around the house, well he didn't help around the house and now he bots of his mother and when she won't give him money he goes to his fathers house and asks him.  He helped us for awhile and was improving all the time, but after about 6 months his work went down hill.  He applied to do an agricultural course and while you are waiting for the course they offer you training work.  He was offered a job at a dairy farm but turned it down as it was too far from home.  He wanted to join the special forces but didn't get the grades, so we said well join the army and work your way up.   Didn't happen I think basic training scared him.  It's all how they are raised.  Dixie I think unemployment benefit should be based on past income,  if you have worked for years and paid tax you should be entitled to more than someone who has not contributed. 

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:37:03 pm »
We should also have the same sytem as they do in the states, 1 child whilst umarried or unemployed is an accident and you get money for it, anymore and you dont get cash.
That would stop all these scroungers breeding for the money.
Dads that dont pay for their kids go to prison too in the states.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 02:40:03 pm »
I've brought my two sons up to appreciate the value of money and to have a good work ethic.  Even when they were little they had to do chores around the house to 'earn' pocket money.  I am proud to say they have grown up to be hard working, polite young men.

My youngest, who is 16 and about to take his GCSE's had an interview with the 'careers adviser' at school recently.  She was very impressed that he had taken the initiative to have already called the local companies that might have jobs that he is looking for. 

I had expected her to take details from him and maybe give him some more ideas of things to try......Instead she handed him the forms to fill in to claim what we used to call the dole!!!!!!!  What kind of careers service is that?????  And why should 16 year olds leaving school be able to claim anything!???!!!   Surely more encouragement should be giving to finding a job. 

Fortunately one of firms he called had him working there last week and have offered him a full time job when he leaves school.   :)

But what about those youngsters at his school that haven't got parents encouraging them?  I suppose they just think that they leave school and start claiming!
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »
Julie dear our five were the same and all 5 left school on the appreciate day and started work next Monday.They wanted to they couldn't wait to have money of their own.Unfortunately one is now on various benefits due to his terminal cancer.He had a good job with Pettits Butchers and loved it He has made tons of sausages.
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS