Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Storm  (Read 10120 times)

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Re: Storm
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 09:22:57 am »
It was pretty bad here in the early hours of the morning but everyone is used to this kind of weather so I shouldn't think anyone suffered too badly. Our flat roof is leaking, which it always does when they weather gets wild and the pig ark blew over but that's all. We didn't even lose any rooftiles!

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 11:11:48 am »
It gusted so hard last night, I thought the roof was going to fly off.  Then hard rain.  Much brighter today but gusty.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 12:28:25 pm »
the back wall of one of the pig arks blew out but that was pretty much it, today on the other hand I had to turn around half way to work because of the heavy hail showers, like driving on marbles
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 04:19:52 pm »
Been a bit blowy here today; showers and sunshine but much much colder tha it's been. Was 4C on the car.

There's snow up the Glens and between here and Forfar in the higher villages.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 04:21:16 pm »
Four seasons in one day?  So far we've had brilliant sunshine. horizontal rain, howling wind and snow.   Ahh Scotland  :love:

For me, very strong winds are the scariest thing.  Ours have been strong but not desperately so.  I hope all of you up there will be OK tonight.

Cross posted with Rosemary - sounds pretty similar here with you R
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »
Look like we got off lightly here in the Peterhead area . blowy and a bit of rain  hope everyone else is ok .

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 10:33:29 pm »
We got the gale force wind and rain last night, and it eased a bit this morning, only to return this afternoon.  And its gone so much colder now.  I see we have a weather warning for heavy rain in our area ....as if we do not have enough sodden ground and mud to contend with.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 11:20:01 pm »
We had wind and rain but nothing out of the ordinary. It must have bypassed Shropshire.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 04:56:09 pm »
Must have rained all night here, needed to rescue the ewes this morning from the river field.  :raining: :sheep:
Anne

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »
I spoke to my neighbour this morning, who keeps a weekly record of rainfall:  Nearly 10 inches have fallen here in each of the past two weeks!  :raining:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 07:08:11 pm »
I spoke to my neighbour this morning, who keeps a weekly record of rainfall:  Nearly 10 inches have fallen here in each of the past two weeks!  :raining:

Jeez  :raining: :raining: :raining:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 10:58:11 pm »
My dogs were almost swimming this morning   :innocent: - won't get them in their outside runs for a couple of days till it drains away - ducks loved it, hens stayed inside all day
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:15 pm »
We apparently have a storm called Barney heading our way on Tuesday evening - Wales and the Midlands this time. 

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 11:40:24 pm »
Its stormier up here tonight than it was last week!
Snow on the way for the end of the week ?
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 12:13:31 pm »
Four seasons in one day?  So far we've had brilliant sunshine. horizontal rain, howling wind and snow.   Ahh Scotland  :love:

Here too!  So far we've had horizontal howling rain (autumn), horizontal howling rain (winter), horizontal howling rain (spring) and horizontal howling rain (summer!).   Ahh Coastal West Wales (poor life choices!! :raining::love:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS