Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New dog  (Read 2389 times)

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
New dog
« on: November 09, 2015, 08:11:34 pm »
 We had our new dog yesterday. He's a 9 week old Deerhound Whippet cross with a bit of Saluki thrown in by the name of Merlin.  Up til now we have always rehomed older dogs and currently have a 15 year old grumpy Jack Russell and a 7 year old yorkie x something (we think miniature poodle) which was born without a brain  :dunce:  This is the type of dog we have wanted for years and the way time passes so quickly decided to do something I thought we would never do and buy from a breeder.  Our 16 year old collie x was put to sleep last August and only now can we face replacing her. I don't think you ever forget any dog but their lives are too short  :'(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: New dog
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:19:29 pm »
They are all different people - you can never replace any of them.  I still miss all of the dogs I've lost over 60 years but remember them for their individual traits.

You'll have great fun training that one to stay close - good luck!  :eyelashes:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:57:26 pm »
I agree each one is special, would love to see a pic  :thumbsup: have fun with your new little one
________
Caroline

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:32:41 am »
As long as some whippet brains are there you should have a lovely dog.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 04:35:37 pm »
I still miss my German Shepherds, we now have a collie and a collie lab who keep me on my toes. They would play all day given the chance and do anything for a toy.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »
As long as some whippet brains are there you should have a lovely dog.

If it has a Saluki brain then you used to have a lovely dog... now where has it gone?

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 09:52:52 pm »
So far the only part of Saluki we can see is in his ears. Merlin had his 1st injection today so 2 weeks and he'll be out and about.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 09:55:56 pm »
He seems to like my slippers

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS