Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Children  (Read 2989 times)

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
Children
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:05 am »
This wouldn't be funny if it wasn't said by my five year old son.  He wanted a drink made for him, he asked quite nicely, but he is capable of making a drink.  I said to him I don't know why you can't make it yourself, are your hands just painted on.  His reply in all innocence "yes Mummy they are".

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Children
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:59 am »
Ah bless him that's sweet!!
my 3 year old won't walk around our field and last year it made life tricky at plum harvest. she kept saying " I can't walk, my legs is bwoked!!"
out of the mouths of babes!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Cams Mum

• Joined Jan 2010
  • The Fens
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:39:20 am »
My 5 year old is terrified of our pekin bantam cockeral. He has a habit of being a bit too protective of his women. She'd had enough the other day and just shouted, "Just shoot him daddy" !! :o

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:07 am »
Mine really made me laugh the other night  ;D I was making risotto for tea and asked them if they wanted chicken in it - well, the looks on their faces - "Not OUR chickens mum ? You said we weren't eating anymore pets !" :o (All the weaners we've raised for the freezer have been 'pets' to my girls - even though they KNOW we eat them.)
After reassuring them that THEIR chickens were still happily in the run, they were quite happy to tuck into someone else's.
How's that for logic ?  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:09 pm »
My sentiments exactly, Karen.  I don't eat my pets either!  My 3 year old grand-daughter was always apprehensive about the chickens running at her, but last time they were here her older sister was very successful at being able to pick them up, so yesterday, Katie went running up to the group of ex batts to try to pick one up and when they  wouldn't stop she cried after them - 'come back silly kikkens, my not eat you'  ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:41:57 pm »
They are sooo funny.  Happy Hippy when my son knows we have slaughtered a steer he won't eat the meat when it looks like steak.  When it is mince he says finally no kill meat, it takes me all my effort not to laugh.  He has already told me we can't eat the piglets,  but I keep reminding him that is what they were bred for.

Plums everywhere that sounds so sweet.  It's not so sweet though when they are twelve and still trying to get away with it.  My 12 year old daughter still trys it on and I just say shhhh.

Cams Mum the things they say and I bet if he did she wouldn't have liked it.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 11:20:57 pm »
My children are all grown with children of thier own but I used to go to the cattle market with them when they were little until they kept asking what animal it was we were eating at dinner? I worried that they would stop eating meat buit they didn't, in fact they are big meat eaters unlike me.....If I had my time aghain I would love to have had a smallholding, great way for children to be brought up!!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:38:20 am »
Aw Sandy you'd have loved my 5 year old the other day then. She picked up one of my Bluebell hens for a 'cuddle' and I said "do you like her then India?" and she said "yes, can we have this one for dinner then mum?"
 :o
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

sandy

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 09:39:28 am »
 ;D ;D  I miss working with small children, they always gave me a giggle due to something they did or said.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS