Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice re Suffolk ewes accredited vs non accredited / tupping  (Read 2378 times)

romily

• Joined Nov 2015
Advice re Suffolk ewes accredited vs non accredited / tupping
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:40:27 pm »
Hello, I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please?

I have recently become the proud new owner of 3 pedigree suffolk ewes who came from an accredited herd.

I also have a small flock of mule ewes who I put to my Suffolk tups each year and lamb indoors in march, selling most of my lambs fat through the market in june.  The tup and my ewes are all non accredited.

I don't have the space to be able to separate the new Suffolk ewes from the rest of my flock so am aware this automatically disqualifies the accredited status.  if I run my ram with them with the aim to lamb outdoors april time, can I ever re-accredit them in the future following testing/separating them etc? 

If I want to show them, can I do so as a non accredited competitior? 

thanks  :) 

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
Re: Advice re Suffolk ewes accredited vs non accredited / tupping
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 07:00:30 am »
Assume you are talking about MV accreditation?

If so, Look up the scheme rules to get the details but--

Yes you can re-accredit them if you follow the rules and get the tests done and keep them separate

yes you can show them in non MV accredited shows

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 09:51:38 am »
I assume the same as Tim W, agree and would add that some shows have MV and non MV classes. The sheep are kept "separate".

Cheekierdiagram

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:52 pm »
Non mv classes for suffolks are rare at larger shows in Scotland but there are one or two

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS