Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: For Sale  (Read 5030 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
For Sale
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:59:37 pm »
Due to our kiddings and so on, we have some stock for sale now.

All our stock are fully pedigreed, generally show quality, all are vaccinated with Heptavac-P, wormed regularly, and CAE whole herd tested every year.

For Sale- Kilbarchan Moonraker

Adult Anglo-Nubian stud male. Raker is now 5 years old, is completely proven, and is a Breed Champion. He also holds enough Challenge Certificate's to gain his full Championship, when he has more milking daughters. One of his daughters last year achieved a milk recorded yield of 1476 litres in 270 days. Have 3 goatling daughter's of his in our herd alone, who we will hope to show all of next year to help him get his championship status.

Dam: Mellan Moneypenny. Sire: Poplartime Balthazar.

For Sale- Ballingall Kassius

Anglo-Nubian male kid, to be sold as a stud male. Born 31st March 2010.

Sire- Kilbarchan Moonraker BrCh- as detailed above.

Dam- Braynusen Evita BrCh. 
 Evita is a second kidder this year, and was shown several times last year. She achieved 6 BCC's, 1 BIS, 5 reserve BIS, 1CC and 4 IPCC's (as I make it counting them up!) I will be showing her this year, and hopefully looking to achieve her last 2 CC's which would make her a Full Champion as well.

Kassius could end up having a full champion sire and dam, so really only looking for him to go a showing/breeding herd. He is brown, with a black eel stripe down his back, and has a white dot on the top of his head.

For Sale- Ballingall Spring

Female Anglo-Nubian kid for sale, born 28th March 2010.

Sire- Kilbarchan Moonraker BrCh. Details as above.

Dam- Ballingall Surf.
Surf is a second kidder this year, and was shown a little last year. She was awarded 2 Reserve BCC's, behind Evita both times. Spring is naturally polled, like her mother.

For Sale- Ladeside Ladyrohana

Rohana is a British goatling- she is a British Toggenburg type.

Dam- Ladeside Ladyromily.
Romily is a British milker, who won 6 Certificates of Merit, 1 Reserve BIS and 1CC last year. She is also the highest yielding goat at a BGS recognised show in Scotland last year. She is 3/4 British Toggenburg.

Sire- Lochinvar Invertarot. British Toggenburg. Unfortunately Tarot died just before he was a year old so was never shown as an adult male.

There may be some more for sale, including a British Toggenburg male kid, and a British Toggenburg milker.

We are located near Falkirk, Scotland. However may be travelling south at some point to collect a male kid ourselves, if this is the case, can arrange to meet/drop off on the way. Picture's can be supplied if necessary. 

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »
I would love a female Anglo Nubian kid  - lost my only Anglo Nubian female, Rosie  to old age a while back.  Primrose and Poppy would love a friend to charge round the field with. But, I am already up to bursting point in the sheds with  all my goats, so best not have another!!

I do hope you find good homes for all your stock.

misspiggy

• Joined May 2010
  • Carsphairn
  • Daisy and one of her3 kids!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »
Do you know of where I could get my hands on GGG nannys?  We have a small group of girls here, but would love some more breeding females.  i have a few numbers, but more are always welcome.
 :goat:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:29:16 pm »
oh i am soo tempted......goats are next on my 'list'...not sure hubby agrees though.  not worried about pedigrees as only want them for milk and enjoyment - would you (or anyone) have anything suitable?  and can they run happily with sheep?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:12:36 pm »
Laura my 2 lambs are best friends with my 12 goats. Goats are brilliant pets, buy John one for his birthday  :P

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:09 am »
oh James, you are a VERY bad influence on me!!!  Do you think he'd like the goats as much as he liked getting a pig for his Christmas?!?!?!?

Anyway, yesterday I became the proud owner of...........BEES!  How cool eh?  So I suppose I need to get to grips with them before I introduce yet another form of livestock........

But goats....hmmmmm..something very appealing about them.............

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:22 am »
Well done on the Bee's. Bring him along here to spend some time with the goats but do not tell him why and let him see them "close up". My 2 Toggenburg boys are from Beth and her goats are brilliant. Go on... you know you want  to ha ha ha.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 09:45:36 pm »
hhhmmmmnnnnn...any excuse for yummy Guardbridge Hotel food works for me.....

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:16 pm »
Congrats on the bees! They are like gold dust this year!

I have just artificially swarmed two of my three hives, the third one is not quite there yet, but will be possibly by the end of this week... I did see the queen in this last one on my inspection on a very very very hot Saturday... (Beesuits are your taylormade bodysaunas...) Don't usually have the time to try and see the queen, so if she's there its a real bonus!

Have fun (and not too many stings!) Anke

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »
thanks Anke, as you say they are like hen's teeth so i consider myself very fortunate - even though i wasnt quite 'ready' and had to make a hasty trip to Thornes this morning!  Thanks goodness i only live a couple of miles away from Newburgh!

there is so much to learn, but loved the fife beekeepers course and can definately recommend it as an introduction to this amazing hobby.

and yes i totally agree about the suit - i'm hoping to lose the 3 stone i put on last year simply by wearing it on a regular basis!

Laura

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 10:48:54 pm »
Hello egglady- I think you were at the meet, but never really got the chance to chat much!

I don't have anything that is milking available immediately, we do have a goatling (and potentially could supply a kid to keep her company), but I may sell one of my AN milkers at the end of the summer, and my mum intends to sell her AOV milker (she's a white goat, but is 3/4 British Toggenburg- Gizmo's mum as it happens) and she will probably be for sale next spring once she has kidded.

Feel free to come over sometime if you want to see some more goats!

Beth

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 09:31:52 am »
hi Beth, yes I'd really like to come over please - maybe in the school holidays if that suits?  Can you PM me your address/tel number and we can make arrangements?
Thanks
Laura

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS