Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Weaners wanted in August  (Read 3477 times)

sallyw

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Buckinghamshire
Weaners wanted in August
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »
Does anyone have three weaners available for the beginning of August please? We are in south Buckinghamshire (I know, not as glamarous as France) but a lovely field awaiting the right three. Pref Oxford Sandy and Blacks or GOS or saddlebacks....

Thanks

Sal

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Weaners wanted in August
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »
Sally
Have you tried the web site for saddlebacks, I have found all the breeders sites through the BPA site, well worth a visit.
I have a saddleback here called Daisy, she is lovely until she is mixed in with other sows, she prefers her own company, but then each to their own
Good luck- from one in France!!!!!!

Carole

sallyw

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Buckinghamshire
Re: Weaners wanted in August
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:09:42 pm »
Thanks Carole, I did exactly that and a very nice chap sent me a list of all sorts of breeders in my area (well the south east!) I spoke to an old chap yesterday on the phone who's TV was so loud I am not sure if he has a clue what I have ordered (but as you say each to their own!) Hopefully I should have three Saddlebacks to replace Oscar, Stanley and Alfred by August! Hurrar (and a load of chops in the freezer!)

So wish I was doing this in France!

Sal

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS