Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stuffed Onion  (Read 3159 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Stuffed Onion
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:55:26 am »
Take a large onion and peel .Then carefully cut off the top to make a lid later.With a desert spoon remove the middle leave say 3 rings .Take a nice pigs kidney and a round of stale bread S&P to taste and a little of the scooped out onion.Method Core and skin the kidney and chop up as fine as you can (Do not Mince)crumb the bread put both in a bowl and mix well with a little of the chopped onion add the S&P You may like a sprinkle of sage in the mix.Lightly pack the stuffing into the onion.Put a little pat of lard on the top and fit the saved lid Roast in a medium oven until cooked say 3/4 to 1 hour much depends on the size of the onion test if its cooked with a stainless skewer :wave: :farmer:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:57:38 am by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Stuffed Onion
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:43:37 am »
YUM YUM.Love baked onion definately give that a go.

PS. Graham has never jumped so much after seeing the snake in the swimming pool.Sooo funny.Speak to you  later.Been busy lately with spring! Karen

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:42 am »
Hello Karen Oh yes I appreciate there will be less and less activity on here for a while until the seed is in etc;etc; as the King of Siam said :D
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:00:55 am »
Man alive that sounds good, guess what i am having for tea one night this weekend

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »
wizard, I like to stuff my onions with a packet of sage and onion stuffing and cheese. It's very good.

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:35:29 am »
Bloke at work said he does a 'kidney onion' and puts 2 rashers of bacon over the top as a cross then chucks it in the oven! hmmmmmmmmmmm :yum:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS