Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: new to this forum  (Read 7381 times)

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
new to this forum
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »
Hi, We are in East Kent and started off with poultry and seem to be 'branching out gradually'.  Looking forward to chatting :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: new to this forum
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:18:05 pm »
Hi there, my goodness TAS is spreading fast and furious, welcome to the forum.  There seem to have been a lot of new folk lately - all very welcome.  We're in Clackmannan, Central Scotland - 4 ducks, 9 chooks, 5 dogs, 1 cat and me.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »
Actually I was googling info on Golden Guernsey goats and ended up here.  Am an active forumer elsewhere, so have a vague idea of how its done.  However am useless with modern abbr so what is TAS? :)
ps we currently have 10 hybrid layers, quartet of LF Gold Brahma, 2 ducks, 2 Pekins, 5 cats, a Border Collie called Crystal and three teenagers.  Doesn't sound much when you write it!  Oh yes and our friend keeps some of his sheep in our field which we tend-have some pretty lambs at present
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:25:40 pm by henmummy »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »
The Accidental Smallholder  ;D

Hello and welcome from cool and clear Alloa.

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:42:01 pm »
Hello from me in South Lanarkshire  :wave:

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:19:55 pm »
Crikey-don't I need a passport to speak to you lot ;D ;D ;D
So is everyone Scottish or is that we are the only people indoors on a Saturday night! ::) ::)
by the way Happyhippy very good user name :D
Thanks for all your welcomes, greatly appreciated ;)

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 06:39:50 am »
Hi and welcome from gloucestershire, forest of dean  (not scotland)    ;D ;D...............neil

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:38 am »
Hello and welcome from Devon  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:09:49 am »
Welcome from Fife. I have 12 goats - 2 of which are Golden Guernsey's - they are beautiful and gentle goats. I also have ducks, hens, geese, ponies, dogs, a rabbit and a parrot.

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 09:49:45 am »
Hi Everyone
Thanks for making me feel welcome.  Am currently trying to talk my husband into a couple of GG girls.  We do goats milk, so it makes sense to me to provide it for ourselves, exactly as the chickens provide the eggs-surely its just logic :goat:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:30 am »
Hello Henmummy

I'm in Worcestershire and like you, we have poultry and graze someone elses sheep. we also breed rabbits.  Hubby is about to build a goatshed as we are planning a couple of goats for milk too!

Lisa x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »
Well lucky you Lisa, mine is not quite that far ahead in his level of agreement shall we say.  But am working on it ;D
Alison

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:08 pm »
Hi I am in Brittany, and also have brahmas we also have a couple of sheep; although pigs are my passion.  Welcome

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 03:52:31 pm »
Hi Hilarysmum-would also love pigs but need an area where they can make a mess and husband doesn't see anywhere suitable at present.  What colour Brahmas do you keep

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »
Hello and welcome.

I'm another one of the many people from Scotland Falkirk area in my case. We currently had 20 goats- another addition this afternoon brings it up to 21.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS