Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wyandotte bantam hatching eggs  (Read 1946 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Wyandotte bantam hatching eggs
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:08:13 pm »
Anyone know where I can get some Wyandotte bantam hatching eggs kind of close to fife don't want them through the post would prefer to collect in person.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

bamford6

Re: Wyandotte bantam hatching eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:11:42 am »
they are hard to get in scotland .i bought 3 hens from dingwell mart .these birds were colunbian yellow legs .when i got them back i put them with some silkies and they are fantastic layers . im naw looking at getting 50 off them for my new layers. silver buff gold lace .the old people like the size off the egg .im naw building a pen 20 foot by 12 to house the new stock i have 53 pens all spred across the field .so 1 more wont hert .iv got to get eggs from e bay .i no its is not a good idea . i try to see wich breeder has 2 or 3 lots and they havent sold . i then bye all he has got . that will get me 5 or six at the best .iv done no good so far this yere 3 bad hatches and onley 3 chocklate orpingtons . i should have a least 200 chicks i think i have 10 at the best . sell them to breeders to get the food bedding etc .so best off luck

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS