Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free Shetland ponies - 2 females - Goole area  (Read 3477 times)

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Free Shetland ponies - 2 females - Goole area
« on: October 21, 2015, 10:13:39 pm »
My friend has 2 Shetland ponies (females) available free to a good home. These are well bred animals, chipped and passported, and bred by the Hermits stud at Barnsley.
They have been regularly wormed and foot trimmed and only for rehoming as their owner has difficulty picking the droppings up, following a back operation.
Any questions, post on here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:18:33 pm by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

mebnandtrn

• Joined Mar 2014
  • lower whitley
Re: Free Shetland ponies - 2 females - Goole area
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 02:56:56 pm »
I saw this on the marketplace section, but it didn't mention asking questions on here, so I sent you a private message. In case that didn't work and because this is what you asked for I will reiterate it here! We have 3 acres with 6 sheep and a few chickens in Cheshire. We also have 3 boys aged 4, 7 and 10 who love animals and would love a Shetland pony. So there is a field shelter, plenty of grass, plenty of love on offer here. Are they wanting to keep them together, of to split them up? We have space for 2 but that seems greedy! Do you have a photo of them please? Many thanks

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:24:30 pm »
I put to post on here because I tend not to notice that I have a message!
However, my friend has said I can give out her phone number.
Her name is Pam - 07873315167.
Rules are made:

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »
So there is a field shelter, plenty of grass, plenty of love on offer here. Are they wanting to keep them together, of to split them up? We have space for 2 but that seems greedy!
Sorry if commenting on a marketplace thread is frowned upon.
I just wanted to say that ponies are herd animals so please do not offer a home to one lone pony.
Also Shetland ponies in particular are prone to laminitis so "plenty grass" is likely to be too much, so please take advice from your local vet/farrier/feed merchant on restricted grazing , grazing muzzles or strategic stabling to try to prevent this potentially fatal disease.
If you do take them on, enjoy them, shetlands are fantastic ponies , full of character!

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:07:32 am »
No prob fsmnutter - I think the commenting on marketplace postings is to prevent comments of an unhelpful nature, and I would tend to agree with what you say.
These ponies have always had company of their own kind so ideally should go together.
In spring they've had fairly restricted grazing, but for the last few months while I've been looking after them, they've been with my donkeys on a field of long grass. But as it's coarse and gone to seed, it is of low feed value and therefore ideal for them with no risk of lami. 
Rules are made:

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 04:58:11 pm »
 Offer has been taken up and they are going together to a knowledgeable home.
Rules are made:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS