Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Brilliant event for kids on tomorrow (8th April)  (Read 6501 times)

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
Brilliant event for kids on tomorrow (8th April)
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:28:54 pm »
We're off to this tomorrow - you can get tickets there so thouight I'd post the link - absolutely great for kids.
I'm hoping to have a go at shearing and spinning!

http://www.threecounties.co.uk/countrytastic/

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Brilliant event for kids on tomorrow (8th April)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:09:03 am »
Hello Sharon It reads wonderful and I clicked diary on the l/h side there is some grand forthcoming attractions but its a long way from Grimsby Today's doo reads some what like Brockelsby or Reevesby Country Fairs a little later on in the year Brockelsby is usually the last Sunday in June we usually go but I was so poor last year I missed it.Very disappointed I was.Have a good day its nice and sunny here on the east coast :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 05:23:09 pm »
Just got back - had a wonderful time! Met Gus Dermody and Adam from Countryfile (his farm's not too far from here). Kids enjoyed the terrier racing and sheep dog display. Most exciting thing for the kids though were the hay bales and wood shaving pit! Thought it could have been much bigger - no trade stands selling any wares really - could have made a killing there!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:58 pm »
Sounds good Sharon The local Country Fairs are cluttered with trade stands though, but its a good day out really and one is not forced to go round them ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:48:48 pm »
We've just got the show diary in the Smallholder magazine - first one next week - Monmouth!

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 08:56:12 am »
Sharondp, were you the lady from Ross-on-Wye who spoke to my dad and brother about shearing? :o

We were the "Murmuring Wheel Spinning Display" Phil, my brother is SingingShearer on here.

We had a really good day, if rather tiring! We had Adam Henson and his daughter on our wheels, got to say though that the daughter was better at it than Adam! :D
www.murmuringwheel.co.uk Handspinning, knitting, crocheting services, spinning tuition and demonstrations at events nationwide.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:15:13 am »
really wanted to go to this - its not far from where we live and sounds brilliant! met Adam Henson at the moreton show last year, he's lovely!
If this is going to be an annual event will definately go next year  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:26:10 am »
Hey up Plums Who is that there baby :D :farmer:

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:33:33 am »
really wanted to go to this - its not far from where we live and sounds brilliant! met Adam Henson at the moreton show last year, he's lovely!
If this is going to be an annual event will definately go next year  :)

This year was the third year for the event, although we have never been before. They were already advertising next year's though, I think it is the 21st of April 2011
www.murmuringwheel.co.uk Handspinning, knitting, crocheting services, spinning tuition and demonstrations at events nationwide.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 03:39:38 pm »
excellent, thanks murmuring wheel, will have date in diary for next year!!

hiya Wizard, that's my youngest baby Scarlett - she's 3 now (where did that time go?!)  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:44:23 pm »
Just checked.

Yes, it is the 21st and all being well, we will be there again ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 04:08:49 pm »
Hello plums tell me about it and the older you get the fast time goes by.It was only last week or the week before we celebrated our Golden Wedding Actually it was December 12th 2009 Don't time fly when you are enjoying yourself One for Scarlett X

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 04:20:31 pm »
Golden? wow - post-dated congrats for Dec 9th 2009  ;)  I think having 4 girls in 5 years helped time fly for us, our feet didn't touch the ground (they still don't at times!) but wouldtn' change a thing

thanks for the date murmuring wheel - hope to see you there next year

Lisa x

MurmuringWheel

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 04:29:19 pm »
Hope so. I might just have recovered from this year's by then :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 05:03:59 pm »
Many Thanks Plums We had 5 boys we couldn't afford the weddins ;D ;D ;D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS