Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bah Humbug  (Read 3098 times)

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
Bah Humbug
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:21:45 am »
Just a little rant to make me feel better, I hope you'll allow me!

One week on and still without a phone, grrrrr >:(  >:( it sounds normal to those ringing it but not a sound to be heard in the house!!

Had a terrific thunder storm on Saturday 31st May which knocked everything out and we had to wait until Wednesday before our satellite internet was back up and running, yes we are one of the alleged 3 or so percent in France that have to rely on satellite internet, or any other method, as broadband doesn't exist in our village. Dial up does but if we had that we would be really stuffed.

France Telecom said they would arrive Wednesday which they did shrugged their shoulders and sodded of again, then they would be here Friday but not a sign, nor Saturday when again they promised but nowt. So fingers crossed for today as isn't it surprising how much you miss something that is normally a nuisance always ringing and disturbing you when you sit to eat or are just out of reach and it stops ringing before you get it??

Hey that's better I feel better for venting my spleen, hope you forgive me and think I'll go and give Bubbles a big smacker on the snout!!

Hope you all have a good time doing whatever makes you happy ;D ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Bah Humbug
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:31:38 am »
FT is the reason most people have a mobile here.  We only waited 3 months, have known others wait far longer.  ....... Its France ......

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Bah Humbug
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:41 am »
Farmer Giles, have you spoken to the peeps who run the english speaking line, I waited 6 months with no phone or internet, found out about these other people and was back on in 24 hours. If you want their number please ask

Carole

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS