Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tagging Orphan Lambs  (Read 2759 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Tagging Orphan Lambs
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:34:06 pm »
I think that lambs for slaughter only need one tag and it is the responsibility of the birth holding but if you go to a local farm to pick up a couple of orphan do I ask the farmer to tag and do moving documents etc - I realise officially this is needed what I was sort of asking was people's experiences on this and how to tactfully ask for things/paperwork when the farmer is up to his eyes in lambing ewes!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Re: Tagging Orphan Lambs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:34:46 pm »
Just ask for them to be tagged and to complete the documents as its his responsibilty not yours. Dont worry about it.

If the farmer is too busy to do this then he should get in help or not sell lambs. Simples!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:38:28 pm by Jackie »

jembo

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Tagging Orphan Lambs
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 03:55:20 pm »
You do need the lambs to be tagged. I very nearly got into trouble a couple of weeks ago as I had an inspection and no lambs had any paperwork. Somewhere on here was my post about the whole saga!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS