Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Day 18 do I stop turning tonight?  (Read 17539 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Day 18 do I stop turning tonight?
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »
Hi I can't decide if it's on day 18 you stop turning eggs or if it's after day 18 so tomorrow.????

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Day 18 do I stop turning tonight?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:02 pm »
dont think it matters the chick is fully formed now.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »
I checked it out on the net so I've stopped the turning and upped the humidity. I've seen one of the eggs moving slightly... Very excited but also nervous that things go well... Fingers crossed!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:05:26 pm »
bet you'll be up all night! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ukphil

• Joined Feb 2010
  • wigan
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 11:01:36 am »
Good luck with the hatch,

This is a photo of my buff sussex 2 day old

at 3 weeks

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:50:07 pm by ukphil »

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:58:24 am »
It's so exciting lots of them are really moving now... Can't stop watching them hubby thinks I'm mad!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:35 pm »
Tell him it's him that's mad and we are the sane ones  ;) Hope you know how to post pictures because we can't wait to see them ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 03:42:01 pm »
I told him that  ;D I don't know how to post pics on here. Will try to figure it out

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 04:27:06 pm »
easy.  Reduce the size of your picture giving it a new name and keeping the original as it is.  Open a reply on here, look at the bottom left for 'options.  Browse for your photo and then click post.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »
Thanks Annie.  ;D

QWOLF

• Joined May 2009
  • DOLLAR
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 06:53:26 pm »
HI HELEN
TODAY IS THE DAY TO STOP TURNING, MIND TAKE OUT UR SEPERATORS AS WELL MIND U HAVE TO CHANGE THE WEE BIT FOAM IN THE INCUBATOR TO THE LARGER OF THE 2 PIECES THAT CAME WITH IT, ALSO CHECK UR WATER DAILY NOW AS U WILL BE USING A LOT MORE GOOD LUCK, LIKE ANNIE IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING UR PICKS, I WILL POST MINE ON FRI/SAT TO LET U SEE HOW I GET ON AS WELL UR 2 DAYS IN FRONT OF ME :)
JOHN
Currently haved 3 x 5 months old peking bantams,2 x isa brown, 1 x welsummer and 5 welsummer chicks and thats me at my full quota, their great fun and i think everybody should keep a couple of chooks as there great and the eggs are a bonus  LOL

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 09:47:32 pm »
Hi John. I didn't get any other bits of foam? I just had the black mat stuff then the yellow stuff that goes under the water drip??? I left that in mind the suro instructions are terrible so didn't know what to do I had to google to figure out how to reset temp and humidity control. They're rocking about a lot so hope i've done everything ok. Temp is 37 and humidity 67. Instructions said 37 and between 65 and 70 now so went half way. When should I see piping?

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 10:18:05 am »
Still rocking about but no sign of any cracks in the eggs.. Loads of cracks in my nerves but not in shells... I am going out I can't take another day or so of this lol !

QWOLF

• Joined May 2009
  • DOLLAR
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 10:32:05 am »
HI HELEN
everything seems fime by what ur saying re temp/hum, they will still take their time so relax even after they pip they can take ages to hatch,mind dont get to excited or over worried if u thing one is taking to long or n trouble let them get out themselves,although i had one last time that was going great but then died in shell but what do u do? i just let them do it by themselves as i tried to help one when doing my first hatch and it died next day so its a learning curve:) good luck again
Currently haved 3 x 5 months old peking bantams,2 x isa brown, 1 x welsummer and 5 welsummer chicks and thats me at my full quota, their great fun and i think everybody should keep a couple of chooks as there great and the eggs are a bonus  LOL

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 10:40:07 am »
Thanks John. I know can do no more than I have and despite any temptation to help I'll leave alone. Some of them are rocking really vigorously others just a little shake now and again. I have to tear myself away.. I mean how sad am I it's bank holiday Monday and I have my nose pressed to the plastic window on an incubator!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS