Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pesky male!  (Read 1606 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Pesky male!
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:53:03 pm »
Naughty Togg boy got to my Boer girl on Friday.
today she had injections of Estrumate & Colvasone? (Steroid?)

not normal vet, she was very young, working on advice from normal (absent) vet who I spoke to on Friday.
she didn't know when or if my girl would come into season again this year, said she'd find out and phone, but nothing yet.
Any advice please?

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Pesky male!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:05:36 am »
Any comments anyone?
does estrumate stop them cycling till next year?
vet says she's checked and she was right, not even guaranteed to have worked,
so I've no idea if I have a pregnant goat, a goat then MAY come in season again or not till next year.
Today I wa just in time to stop my Togg female getting through to him, she'd jumped the electric fence and luckily stumbled on the dry stone wall, I'd left a light rope on her so I managed to grab it,
He doesn't eat very well inside, andif I fastened him in I bet the little floosies (sp?) would manage to open the door to get in to him.
Anybody want to buy a Togg boy :-)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Pesky male!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 07:06:03 am »
She should just come back into season, not sure if it will be exactly three weeks later though... it is used widely, so must work.

My (adult) male just takes his frustration out on his wether companion at this time of year more so than in the summer...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS