Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: tylan withdrawl period  (Read 2103 times)

spencers mum

• Joined Mar 2010
tylan withdrawl period
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:49:57 am »
Hi everyone!  Firstly good news - my chooks (all 3) are happy girls  :chook:producing normal poos, eating well and one laid a 'perfect' :) egg in the night!! Don't know which one of course.  They have all had Tylan for the last four days (one more day to go) and here's my question..how long after 5 days of Tylan must you discard eggs for?  My searches reveal anything from 0 days to 28 days?  Seems where 28 days is suggested, it's a large flock who have all been treated and with 2 doses injected in.  ??? Hope someone knows - thankyou!!

bamford6

Re: tylan withdrawl period
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
I've used Tylan soluble with excellent results.  The directions ARE confusing. 

The dosage is 1 teaspoon to a gallon of water or 1/2 teaspoon to 1/2 gallon of water because you are treating such a small amount of chickens.  Make fresh solution each day and make sure this is the only source of water they have.  Use for 7 days.

Tylan is 'funny' to mix.  You have to add the water to the Tylan and not the Tylan to the water.  I put the desired amount of Tylan in a clean DRY glass jar with a lid.  I add some of the premeasured water, put the top on the jar and shake well.  I then mix that in with the remaining water and stir.  Hope this helps.  I've had great success with it.  Because respiratory diseases are so contagious you can reintroduce the 2 sick hens back with the others and treat the whole flock.  You will probably have to treat everyone in the future.

Just a helpful note for everyone.  The label on the bottle of Tylan has an 800 number to call the manufacturer if you have any questions.  When I had questions I called that number and actually spoke with a veterinarian.  She was most helpful. leave eggs 2 weeks all should be well

spencers mum

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: tylan withdrawl period
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 10:50:24 am »
Thank you - i'll leave 2 weeks and also try the number.  I can't believe how quickly the chooks have perked up after just four days!  Thanks for your help Gary! :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS