Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: girls PD'd this morning  (Read 1406 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
girls PD'd this morning
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:54:56 am »
2 out of 3 are in calf, due first week of may.  Delilah failed to get in calf this year with the bull, failed for 2 years running with AI, vet cant find anything wrong with her working parts!  Hope she realises how lucky she is that I own her and she wont be culled!!  Very pleased the other 2 are in calf, the bull covered them both within the first 3 weeks of running with them which is a relief, cant wait till may now!!

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: girls PD'd this morning
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 11:19:20 am »
Sounds like a very early pd!
If the two pregnant were covered in the first three weeks, and due in May, they must be around 4-8 weeks in calf?
Detectable by scanner or experienced vet. If the bull continued to run with daisy (most people wil run the bull for at least 9 weeks to give 3 seasons to cover) she may be 2 days in calf and with the best will in the world even a scanner can't pick that up!
If the vet can't detect anything wrong with her cycling, it may be worth getting her pd'd again in a month or two if she could be just early in calf.

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Re: girls PD'd this morning
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:33:11 pm »
Yep vet pd'd with a scanner.  We did discuss the fact that she could have been just caught by the bull, and be in very early pregnancy.  Bull has been in from 1st July to a week ago.  Vet positive she is empty but we are going to look at her again in a couple of months.  I know in the back of my mind she is empty though!! 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS