Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bus crash Lanark  (Read 2914 times)

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Bus crash Lanark
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:50:29 pm »
Just sending my best wishes for anyone involved in todays bus crash. MY thoughts are with you all.

Jackie

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Bus crash Lanark
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:17:47 pm »
Echoed. Saw it on the news this morning, so sad.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »
Heard it on the news on my way back from leaving Freckles at the vet hospital this morning.  Terrible thing to happen. Guess the driver will be blamed for taking the coach out but was it his responsibility to cancel for the bad weather?  The kids all got to the school OK to join the coach, and all the other school buses were running.  Was he just unlucky to hit a bad patch? Poor kids, poor little girl who died, and all their folks, school mates and teachers, and poor driver. :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:10:09 pm »
Terrible thing to happen. Looking at the pics on the news, its amazing there were not more killed.  Not really the weather for Alton Towers. We are not too far from there, and its been bad weather today, with snow, so I can imagine the journey down, had they not crashed would have been a difficult one.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 11:16:56 pm »
I heard that 1 pupil didn't go because their parents said the weather was too bad. Not sure if that is the case though.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:53 pm »
Yes, that's true - a boy.  His Mum said she didn't want him to go but gave him the final decision.  He decided not to go.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 07:15:39 am »
Clever Mum.  ;D

Annie whats wrong with Freckles?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:19:59 pm »
Cruciate ligament rupture - had op today - TPLO, waiting for update from Stephen the ortho vet.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »
My thoughts are with the families, the worst nightmare for any parent.

Where were all the health and safety standards then I wonder? The school should have postponed the trip, the forecast was bad enough!  :&>

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 12:09:00 pm »
Oh dear :( that ligament retracts so far up the leg when it snaps that its hard to get at and repair.  Easy to recognise when its 'gone' though with their leg up to their tum.

I hope thats not one of your show stock Annie cos they always limp afterwards. :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 03:46:16 pm »
reply in another thread, Jackie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS