Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 1680 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
TV Series
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:01:34 pm »
I've copied this from the Gloucester Old Spot forum.....I thought it might be something someone on here might be interested in?............

Posted - 27 Mar 2010 :  11:52:48     
I was hoping that I might be able to pass some information regarding our new BBC2 farming and small holding series on to you and hoped that your members at the Gloucestershire Old Spots Pig Breeders Club and beyond might be interested in hearing about and perhaps even applying for the series.

The series we are working on will feature ten couples or pairs (married couples / siblings / friends etc.) who would like to grasp the opportunity to change their lives forever and run a farm/small holding. The programme will see the ten couples learn all the basics they need before decamping to a farm in the beautiful British countryside where they will be challenged in all areas of farm life, from animal husbandry to coping with the unpredictable summer weather. The series will culminate in the winning pair getting the opportunity to live and work on their own small farm.

We’re looking for couples of all ages and relationships (married couples / siblings / friends etc.) who are serious about wanting to change their lives and who will relish farm life. Whether it’s a love of animals, a passion for gardening, an interest in sustainability and food provenance or a general lust for all things outdoors, we want to hear from anyone who thinks they’ve got what it takes to take on this lifestyle-transforming project.

We are especially looking for people who may already have some experience in working or volunteering with animals, food or nature, just some kind of demonstrated interest that would make them a credible and hopefully successful small holding partnership. I do appreciate that many, if not a majority, of your members are probably smallholders or farmers already, but hope that this would still be of genuine interest to those people, should they know of anyone, friends or family, who would take up this opportunity. Similarly perhaps there are people caring for pigs or wanting to who are not able to have a small holding amount of land who would relish this project.

I have attached a brief which gives you more information, but please come back to me should you have any questions at all or would like to discuss this further. If people want to apply they need to send an email with their name to farm@splashmediatv.co.uk and an application form will be emailed out. The deadline for applications is 28th April 2010.

Thanks and best wishes,

Fraser Mullen
Researcher
Splash Media | 1 Bedford Avenue | London | WC1B 3AU

T: 0207 255 5475 | F: 0207 255 5443
frasermullen@splashmediatv.co.uk
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS