Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: VAT Registering  (Read 15496 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: VAT Registering
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 11:00:51 am »
I hate that phrase 'tax doesn't need to be taxing'!!  Its always taxing!!

Ta

Baz

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 08:39:31 pm »
Just one question - don't you have to make a profit within five (?) years or they will reclaim all the VAT back off you???? WE decided not to run the holding as a business, we knew that making money out of it would be very difficult and I would have to focus on one line of the holding and didn't want to do that....

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 11:20:20 pm »
I have no idea but a good question.  I imagine that if the tax office had reason to believe you were running a business at zero profits and it was then also deemed to be a 'lifestyle business' rather than a 'real business'  (whatever they are!) - questions would arise if you claimed more VAT back every quarter than you paid, it could be suspicious.

In the real world I think the government should be thankful for anyone who can run at zero profit or no dependence on the state as long as they are sustaining themselves, be it cash in hand or not - they put no strain on our much needed benefit system, using initiative to get through.  What more can they ask!

Tax is needed I give it that, doing your own tax records is a real shitter though thats a fact.

Paperwork, shmaperwork, grrr

Ta

Baz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS